HOPE Chest Neighborhood Thrift Store
107 E. 1st Street
10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
The thrift shop offers low cost clothing, household items, books, jewelry, bedding and linens. Donations are accepted during business hours. Please call ahead at 503-556-4159. Proceeds benefit the food pantry.
● Emergency Food Assistance: We provide food boxes that include nutritious fresh, frozen, and canned goods and personal care products to low-income residents or those in emergency situations.
● Firewood: We provide firewood to qualified residents to assist with home heating. Clients may receive one half-cord of wood per household each year.
● Energy Assistance: HOPE works with the Clatskanie People’s Utility District to help clients with energy assistance through the Share the Warmth program.
● Backpack Program: Works with the Rainier School District to provide weekend food for students.
● Thrift Store Vouchers: Can provide vouchers for job interview clothing, displaced families, fire victims.
● Referrals: When clients need services not provided by HOPE, we refer those clients to other agencies.
● Holiday Baskets: We provide Christmas baskets through the local Toy 'N Joy program that include all of the elements of a holiday meal to qualifying families. Christmas baskets are provided in addition to the regular monthly food provided to clients.
Become a Volunteer
HOPE of Rainier exists in a large part thanks to our volunteers. If you’d like to join our nonprofit organization in serving our community, please print out the Volunteer Form (included on our contact page) fill it out, and return it to us. If you don't have a printer, give us a call and we'll mail a form to you.